Hello guys! Today’s post will be a bit different than most of my posts, as it is all about The Infinity Dreams Award! I got nominated by a lovely Charlotte from Charlotte around the world. I encourage you to check her blog out, especially if you’re learning French – her posts are written in both English and French, so it’s an amazing way to learn! Plus, she’s truly awesome, so you won’t leave disappointed. Charlotte – thanks for nominating me, I truly appreciate it! Anyway the rules of The Infinity Dreams Award are:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 facts about me
- I’m obsessed with spaghetti. It’s my favorite dish ever! Actually I like Italian cuisine very much, though Polish food is also nice.
- I love languages very much, and when I’m fluent in Arabic and Spanish, I would love to start learning Hebrew and French.
- Classical music and Portuguese Fado make me calm and relaxed.
- My dream places to live are Scotland, Australia and New Zealand.
- Reading is one of my favorite things to do.
- I’m fascinated with South America, especially Argentina.
- I drank too much Yerba Mate yesterday and I couldn’t sleep. Lesson learnt: love Yerba Mate deeply, but not too widly!
- I have a younger brother, who I absolutely adore.
- My role biggest role models are: my dead grandmother who was one of the strongest women I have ever met, Taylor Swift who works hard for what she has and can turn every negativity into opportunity and a top 10 hit, John Green who not only writes well but also supports education in many amazing ways with his Youtube projects, Francis Scott Fitzgerald – for his writing skills, Malala for her courage to speak against violence, and my mom and dad for teaching me how infinite love can be.
- I write song lyrics.
- My favorite TV shows at the moment are: Stitchers and Outlander.
Now it’s high time I answered Charle’s questions, so here I am:
1. What is you best travelling memory?
That’s quite a hard question to answer because the older I am, the more magic I see in small trips and little things, so each moment is best in its own way. When I think more about it though, my mind fills with pictures of autumnal leaves, sparkling in all shades of gold, red and orange in The Bieszczady Mountains in Poland. During my international exchange with German students, we visited The Bieszczady Mountains and we went for a hike. I felt so happy and connected to everything, what was around me that it will forever remain one of the most magical moments of my teenage years.
2. What’s your best memory at home?
Each and every memory has become so precious to me now that I’m moving out of my house that I can’t tell. Everytime we laugh together, it’s my best memory.
3. Would you consider yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
I’m definitely an introvert. I enjoy being on my own, and “me-time” is essential for my well-being. That having been said, I need people to evolve, and being around right (aka inspiring and empowering) people makes me happy. Nevertheless, I “charge my batteries” faster, when I can enjoy my own companionship, so introverts’ team all the way!
4. Which book would you say had the biggest impact on your way of viewing life?
Each and every book, which I loved deeply and continously has left its trace in my heart, but I believe “The Great Gatsby” takes the top spot. It made me realise how dangerous it is to idolise people and hold on to what’s gone. Definitely my favorite book ever!
5. What/ who inspires you in writing?
Music, nature, world’s beauty in general, but I feel the most inspired by people. We bleed emotions, and we are so complex, that it will forever buffle me enough to keep me writing. There’s no me without writing.
6. What are you grateful for?
Now I’m simply grateful for each and every day of being alive. When it comes to a certain type of gratitude: my family. They built me in more ways than I used to realise, and I’ll be forever grateful for that.
7. What is the best advice someone gave you?
My friend Linda adviced me to “fake it until you make it”. I changed it to “fake it until you become it” after having watched Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk, but the message is still quite the same. I’ve been learning how to gain confidence, and I’m still searching for a way, but the search itself changed me a lot, and I like it, so it may be the best advice I have ever been given.
8. How many languages do you speak?
Well, I’m a native Polish speaker, and I’m fluent in English. Besides, I can speak basic German, as I was learning it in high school. As of now I’m learning Spanish and Arabic, and I can say things in both of these languages, but my journey to total fluency has just begun.
9. What kind of traveler are you?
An observer, I guess. I love observing, taking long strolls and talking to people. I don’t mind museums, castles and so on, but I enjoy seeing the soul of the place, which is often hidden in its citizen’s hearts.
10. Did one of your dreams (i.e. goals) came true?
When I was way younger I dreamt of starting studies at the very old university, but as I was becoming older, my dreams changed. Eventually though, my first dream, which I almost forgot about, ended up coming true. Universe has its own way of making things happen, I guess.
11. What is currently your biggest dream?
To explore the world’s extraordinariness through words and travel. To write and to find what I’m looking for in this old world.
That’s all, I guess! I would love to nominate these amazing bloggers:
- Fabiola from My heart of Mexico.
- Juliet from Yours, Juliet.
- Ana from Faded Spring.
- Sonia from Sonish Space.
- Amanda from My purple pineapple.
- Allison from Live life well.
- Veronica from Siniciliya.
- Lindsay from It’s simply Lindsay.
- Jasmine from Color U bold.
- A New Perspective Perhaps
- Amanda from Blissful gal.
My questions for them are:
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- What’s the best book you’ve read this year?
- What’s your favorite song at the moment?
- If you were to eat only one dish until you die, what would you choose?
- Have you ever danced in the rain?
- What cheers you up?
- What’s your favorite word?
- Who is your hero?
- If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be and why?
- What animal best represents you and why?
Thanks for sticking with me, you’re absolutely amazing!
Have a lovely day,